Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ebay seller easonsan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: ebay seller easonsan Reply with quote

I purchased three rolls of film from this seller a while back, I won each for 99c. Instead of giving me the actual postage cost, this seller wants to charge me $16.97 and has opened three unpaid item cases to force me to pay this inflated price. The seller does not respond to any messages, he is just trying to charge me the full price for the items by inflating the postage costs, this also allows him to avoid ebay charges on the final value fee. I have emailed ebay CS about this, but I expect they will do nothing, despite this seller clearly breaching their rules.

Be very careful bidding on any lots from Chinese sellers, you might think you got a bargain only to find out they will use massively inflated postage charges to make you pay the full price they wanted for the item in the first place.

Worst of all, I can't even leave bad feedback if I don't pay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a reply from ebay CS, and they just said I have to pay it, nothing about the seller breaking their rules about shipping to avoid paying ebay fees. Sad

Quote:
Hello Ian,

Thank you for writing to us about the items (item numbers 261145764231, 370719964328 and 261145905057) you’ve purchased from “easonsan”. I understand that you no longer wish to proceed with the purchase as you feel that the seller charges to much postage for these transactions, so please allow me to assist you further with this.

I’ve checked all three listings and I can see that the seller charges $5.99 for each item. Please be advised that the seller is responsible for determining the postage and packaging charges on their listings, and eBay encourages sellers to clearly describe the item and terms of postage / delivery in their listings to avoid possible confusion. Before bidding on a listing, bidders should contact the seller about any questions they might still have that are not directly answered in the listing's description.

When a bid is placed, the bidder is entering into an agreement with the seller to purchase the item, which most often means incurring postage charges that may also include packaging fees.

In this case, I would encourage you to respond to the reminder within 4 days of receipt of the seller by clicking on the "Contact Seller" link in the reminder you received. If the seller agrees to close the unpaid Item case saying you have both agreed to cancel the transaction you won't have an unpaid item case recorded against you.

However, in the event that the seller will close the case and leave an Unpaid Item case recorded on your account, please contact us back and we will be happy to assist you.

If you have deleted the reminder alert from your My eBay, here's how to respond to the unpaid item case:

1. Go to My eBay > Resolution Centre.

2. On the unpaid items tab, find the item and click 'Take action'.

3. On the next page you'll see the case that the seller opened. You can tell us you want to pay, you've already paid, or that you want to communicate with the seller.

Ian, I trust this information is useful. If I can be of any further help, simply reply to this email.

Kind regards,

Marissa Le.
eBay Trust & Safety

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice..... they took off 10% from shipping and who care tricky (nasty) listings..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller agreed to cancel the purchase, but I still left negative feedback warning other buyers that he uses the postage costs to inflate the price.