Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ebay, amazon or private e-commerce for selling items
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: ebay, amazon or private e-commerce for selling items Reply with quote

I'm in the process of evaluating a sale platform, and I have read some not so nice stories about ebay and amazon (and paypal) high commission fees.

I'm a bit stuck especially with regard to sending tariffs as well, italian post are in a quagmire for suicidal buisiness decisions that are causing mammoth backlogs with package and especially letter correspondence (and items like small rings or spanners might be sent that way)

I do not understand especially how chinese vendors might afford sending bottom priced items abroad with no sending expenses.

There is clearly some state decision behind this mail tariffs, while our semi privatized postal services tries to be as old style bureaucratic and inefficient as it can, while practicing almost private enterprise tariffs ..

As for the sale platform, an ecommerce might be very cheap to set up but search engine placement brings to my mind painful memories .. any suggestion about the platform is warmly welcome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes social website dedicated to subject of items has for-sale section, such as here for mf camera lenses. Also by brand, such as pentax or canon forums.

ebaY & Amazon sales volume of course generates more reports of problems than less popular site -- similar to how we now hear about more problems in the world simply because there is more efficient communications -- the percentage remains very low...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 regarding your comment on China. Today I brought in a dual core mobile CPU from there. It arrived in a box, very carefully packed and sealed, and in great condition (no bent pins). My total cost, including shipping, was US$1.

As far as a sales platform goes:

I've no experience selling lenses or other photographic items. But for other stuff I make best effort to use free local online classifieds. The ungodly commissions taken out by eBay and PayPal would drive me to distraction.