Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eastman Kodak Ektar 50mm 1.9 info
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Eastman Kodak Ektar 50mm 1.9 info Reply with quote

I recently picked up a Kodak Ektar 50mm 1.9 lens. I received it today-looks to be in pretty good shape, except it doesn't focus past 6feet. Regardless, the glass is really nice aside from some hazing.

I've been trying to find more information on it, but I mostly come across Asian websites.
It seems to be fairly rare and valuable.
Does anyone know anything about this lens? Is it a rangefinder lens?
Is it adaptable to Sony A7 or canon EOS?
What is its value, and is it a good performer?
Any insight would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the normal lens for the Kodak Ektra rf camera of 1941:

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Ektra

A 7 element lens, supposed to be superb quality:
Quote:

Ken Ruth of Bald Mountain, Ca. lately the chinese machinists have designed a adapter for ektra lens mount to m4/3 rd's and Sony Nex, selling on ebay. The ektar 50mm F:1.9 is an outstanding lens if its real clean an takes amazing photos on a m4/3 rd's chip camera. Resolution of old Ektar lenses was superb in the center focus for the science of 35mm film in the 1940 time era, and on 2011 digital chip cameras, yield mind blowing results. try it, youll see what i mean quickly!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah very nice! That sounds promising-it's at least some insight into the lens.
I think I will just have to find an adapter and try the lens to see the performance for myself.
Might not get much more information on it otherwise it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real classic, nice design too. Typical Kodac design visually, congrats Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SRB-Griturn of England can make a Kodak Ektra Ektar lens-to-Sony NEX adapter for you. This small company has made 6 of these adapters for me several years ago to a very high standard and they have all the specifications in their files. All you need to do is supply them with a NEX mount (such as cannibalised from a Canon EOS-Sony NEX adapter) and the Ektar lens for collimation check with the custom adapter.