Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Early Vivitar 35mm f/3.5 pre-set lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Early Vivitar 35mm f/3.5 pre-set lens. Reply with quote

Need to use this one more. A pretty sharp little lens. It has seen better days as there is a lot of brassing but it still works fine. Anyone know any more about this one? Such as who made it and when?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The look is very similar to Soligor 35/3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that about a fixed-mount preset Soligor I have. But I compared it and though they are very similar in general aspect and some details, the spacing and depths of the rings aren't right. It might still be by the same lens, mine being a fixed mount and this Vivitar a T-mount variant.

I don't know who made my Soligor either, though I suspect Komine/Nittoh.

Its sharp, almost at the Takumar 35/3.5 class, or good enough that my sensor can't distinguish them, but has a bad flare problem that the Takumar doesn't, and doesn't focus as close.

There are many different Soligor 35/3.5's though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
The look is very similar to Soligor 35/3.5.

Thanks no-X.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I was thinking that about a fixed-mount preset Soligor I have. But I compared it and though they are very similar in general aspect and some details, the spacing and depths of the rings aren't right. It might still be by the same lens, mine being a fixed mount and this Vivitar a T-mount variant.

Its sharp, almost at the Takumar 35/3.5 class, or good enough that my sensor can't distinguish them, but has a bad flare problem that the Takumar doesn't, and doesn't focus as close.

Actually it is a fixed mount M42. Who made these for Soligor and Vivitar I wonder? Tokina? WhoooaH You may be right on the T-mount. I never noticed the set screws before! Have to see if my T mount to K mount adapter will work on it.
See// This is why I like this forum...so much knowledge and the opportunity to learn from you guys and gals.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35mm f3.5 preset t-mount: same but different Reply with quote

Resurrecting this thread prompted by my latest acquisition.

Pictured alongside a tokina 28mm just to give a perspective on the petite nature of the lens. Nice ?12 blade iris. One irritating thing: the preset ring is not easy to manipulate tucked against the t-mount as it is.
First impression from some walk around snaps - sharp stopped down, not so hot wide open.

F8, buffed a bit in faststone, resized to xga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: It could be Schneider Optik Reply with quote

Hi all, after many months of reading, it's my first post on this forum.

Vivitar serial number starting with 13 is normally Schneider... If you believe Who made that Vivitar lens?

I've only seen enlarger lenses that Schneider made for Vivitar but I'm not a collector.

Big Dawg, do you still have it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: It could be Schneider Optik Reply with quote

peoplemerge wrote:
Hi all, after many months of reading, it's my first post on this forum.

Vivitar serial number starting with 13 is normally Schneider... If you believe Who made that Vivitar lens?

I've only seen enlarger lenses that Schneider made for Vivitar but I'm not a collector.

Big Dawg, do you still have it?

Welcome!

This lens is sold before 1970 before Vivitar use the numbering system.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

Actually it is a fixed mount M42. Who made these for Soligor and Vivitar I wonder? Tokina? WhoooaH You may be right on the T-mount. I never noticed the set screws before! Have to see if my T mount to K mount adapter will work on it.
See// This is why I like this forum...so much knowledge and the opportunity to learn from you guys and gals.

I have the same and the mount can be unscrewed and then reveals a T-mount thread underneath. Go have a look, maybe it is too tight to unscrew though.