Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Docter Optics 3.3-13.9x Wide Angle Zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean about hacksawing it down to be able to mount it...the ring around the edge of the front of it hits the mirror/flash protrusion. I kind of stuck the camera on it as best I could (so it was a bit cattywompus and not remotely in the center of the lens) and held it and took a couple pics of a test chart on my wall, lol.

It's sharp, for sure. Wow. Razz Judging from my ghetto test chart pics, sharpness wise it seems to be a tad above the 17-55mm IS and a tad below the 70-200 f4l IS...so very sharp. There is a TINY amount of CA visible (again I'd put it between the other two lenses, CA wise)... However, like I said, I wasn't really using the center of the lens, either (as it won't hold up against it without taking a saw to it, like you said)...

Thinking when I get some spare time in a week or two I'll try to hacksaw it down a bit and then solder or ca glue an ef mount on or something...lol