Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY Ultra large format camera [50x50cm]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: DIY Ultra large format camera [50x50cm] Reply with quote

I came up with the idea to build a 50 × 50 cm plate camera. I have not built such a large camera yet. The biggest challenge was the requirement for a slidable base. It was supposed to be 60 cm long when slide down and 150 cm unslide. For quite a long time, I had been inventing the kinematics of the frame, trying to fit the racks and gears in a small space, and make it strong enough so that when unslided (the maximum size) it would not shake and due to its own weight it would not break. The structure was to be stiff, durable and mobile. I used Freecad parametric 3D modeler to make the design.

Then it was time to design the standards, front with tilt, rise, fall, shift, swing and rear with swing and tilt. Here too, 3D models, production and assembly drawings were created,and according to this the entire front and rear standards of the camera were manufactured, as well as the plate holders, one square, 50x50cm and second one for vertical and hotizontal 40x50cm plate.

This is a result Smile

If somone want such a camera or any other large format camera please contact me Wink
I will be happy if I can make such a camera for someone here Smile

Last edited by MarcinS on Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 The dream camera! To examine a 50x50cm piece of slide film...