Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY | easy way for using projector lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: DIY | easy way for using projector lens Reply with quote

hello everybody,

i was searching for a way to use my projector lens and a really easy solution came to my mind. as you know most projector lens has no tread so traditional helicoids (m42-m42,etc) are no good for them. most of the time a tube attached to an adapter is the only way to simulate focus system but it has so many limitation (focus accuracy and not compatible with all the lenses and so on) so i began to test some damaged lens helical system and i find some of them are really good for this purpose ! for example canon 200/4 ssc has 2 helicoid inside each other and u can use them for focus system and adjusting macro infinity separately. i converted one to nikon (using some cheap m42-ai adapter and silicon paste glue and some rubber for sealant) and use my 85~120mm lens and it worked really well.

here some photo of the assembly:

cheers.

Last edited by Raxar on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Like Dog