Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Did I mention that...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Did I mention that... Reply with quote

...I recently bought a Tamron 3.8-4/70-210 CF Macro (Model 46A) for € 1,99 ?

This is the lens: http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/46A.html

I guess it will be here in a couple of days, I'm going to report then...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Did I mention that... Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

What a steal:-), congratulations! My understanding this is the best of Tamron Adaptall-2 in the zoom range.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious really I have before and after model 03A and 103A, both are not bad at all.These lenses are unsellable at this time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Did I mention that... Reply with quote

cwcs wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

What a steal:-), congratulations! My understanding this is the best of Tamron Adaptall-2 in the zoom range.

As far as I know it is optically a very good lens, but its body quality is not as high as the older ones - more plastic!

Well, I will see if this is a problem. Actually, it won't be a big one for this price! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am curious really I have before and after model 03A and 103A, both are not bad at all.These lenses are unsellable at this time.

Attlia:
I believe 03a and 103a were both earlier lenses while 46a was made between 86-88.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for correction ! More interesting the result, perhaps not same good than earlier models.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what I can and will do is a direct comparison between the

Tamron 3.8-4/70-210 CF Macro (46A)

and the

Tamron SP 3.5/70-210 CF Macro (19AH).

Maybe I will compare also the Soligor C/D Zoom+Macro 3.8-4.8/75-205 MC with the Tamron lenses.

If the 46A is just somewhat near the 19AH, it was a very good buy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've had such a lens some years ago on film-slr.
I had a full adaptall-equipment then because I used different brands.
I knew that the test result in german photomagazin wasn't that good wide opened but decent when stopped down.
Quite soft in the corners and not flare resistant (therefore a lens hood was sold with the lens itself).
I found it to be a very nice portrait lens with it's minimum focus distance of 90 cm. And being not that sharp/contrasty but rendering nicely it produces very pleasant portraits.

The formerly 3.8-4/80-210 is told to be better - not only regarding build quality but optically too (I found an old 'test' i.e practical comparison with the Nikon 80-200 where a pro was telling that the 80-210 was obviously sharper than the Nikkor !)

It will be interesting how this lens performs on an crop-dslr..... where the lower resolution in the corner doesn't appear....

Therefore: Please write us your experiences!

Smile Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Paul!

Thanks a lot for you experiences! You seem to have some older magazines.
I am very interested in those test and I also have got some older copies of FotoMagazin or Colorfoto.
Sometimes I discover one of my old lenses being tested in there.

Do you think you could scan those Tamron tests?

Maybe, Attila could provide for a section of the MFlenses website where we can upload scanned magazine tests to??

Even if they in another language, we could (thanks to Bablefish) profit from that, couldn't we?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens arrived today!

Really good condition, mechanically and optically fine, the first shots were pretty good. I will post some pics as soon as I'll get to it.

Have to be in long conferences tomorrow and on Wednesday... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Hi, Paul!

Thanks a lot for you experiences! You seem to have some older magazines.
I am very interested in those test and I also have got some older copies of FotoMagazin or Colorfoto.
Sometimes I discover one of my old lenses being tested in there.

Do you think you could scan those Tamron tests?

Hi,
yes - I still have those old photo magazins...
(my wife sometimes complaining about that)
Since I don't have a scanner I can only take a photo of some of those pages and email them to you.
I'm not sure about the rights though - but most of them are more than 20 years old.... I think that'll be no problem.

What I'm still looking for are old tests from Carl Zeiss Jena lenses made in the late '70s..... (2.4/35 and Sonnar 3.5/135)
If anyone here has those tests - please email me!

I started with photo gear 1981 and increased that about 1987 when my 1st son was born....
In those days I started to buy photo magazins - even old and used ones. Sometimes I only made copies of the test pages. I therefore have about 4 meters of them in my cellar....

Smile Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Paul!

That's great! I also kind of collect "older" magazines.
I've posted some test results here in this forum.

If you're interested in those tests. just tell me...

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1282
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1283
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1284
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1285