Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Diagram for RMC Tokina 500mm f8 mirror lens anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Diagram for RMC Tokina 500mm f8 mirror lens anyone? Reply with quote

Can't seem to find one. I need it for comparison to other catadioptric designs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Diagram for RMC Tokina 500mm f8 mirror lens anyone? Reply with quote

tanner wrote:
Can't seem to find one. I need it for comparison to other catadioptric designs.

The Rolleinar 8/500 is the same lens as the RMC Tokina and is the optical diagram.
http://olypedia.de/Bild:Reflex-Rolleinar_500_8_Schnitt.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mirror on the bottom seems to be a first surface mirror. Do you know if the smaller one on top is the same or not? Doesn't seem like it, but the image is too low res to tell.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. May be there is a diagram somewhere showing how the light travels inside the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
No idea. May be there is a diagram somewhere showing how the light travels inside the lens.

That diagram shows the light pah, it's just faint and hard to see.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Rubinar,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

That diagram shows the light pah, it's just faint and hard to see.

Thanks, Ian. I can see now. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the scan needs to be redone (uneven illumination, sharpness) is outweighed by the release of Tokina's new 500mm f8, which people will be researching-

and which this post is one of the first results in a Google search for it! Embarassed

So clarity now takes priority.

It's described as 5 elements in 2 groups.

Most Cassegrain-style mirror lenses could be described as having 2 groups - 1 for primary and 1 for secondary mirror, with corrector lenses grouped around either.

Although some make a point of having widely-spaced correctors that sit right in the middle between the primary/secondary.
And I'm sure some patents may note how correctors grouped around one of the mirrors could also be spaced like this.
It's a sure bit better than saying a mirror lens has 7 groups, like the new Tokina 500mm f8 is claimed to have... Embarassed