Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Derek Gardner f/2.8 135mm M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
I see this lens pop up from time-to-time. There are a few Flickr threads about it. It always seems below average but does have decent bokeh.

A fun lens.

Sharpness is not the most important things for me. It has creamy bokeh but not as sharp as others. Build quality is excellent.

I didn't manage to find anything on flickr apart from one image of someone else's cop of this lens:

I think you guys summed it up quite well, the lens feels very nice and solid to handle and has a pretty different rendering to my Jupiter 11 so I'm quite happy with it. I don't think it lacks sharpness really, in that I find the sharpness acceptable, the J11A is sharper and I'm sure things like the Pentacon/Meyer 2.8/135 are technically better but I can see me getting quite a lot of use out of this Derek Gardner cos i quite like the pics it makes.

Anyone know who made this lens? Looks a bit like a Cosina to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely name for a lens. I had to learn who Derek Gardner was first. Well i am pretty sure it's early Korean lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
What a lovely name for a lens. I had to learn who Derek Gardner was first. Well i am pretty sure it's early Korean lens.

Could well be Korean, I have no idea!

Who was Derek Gardner? I thought it was probably the name of a defnuct chain of photo stores.

There is a 300m Derek Gardner on ebay now, looks like the same manufacturer, will go for peanuts, I would have a bid but I just bought a Tair-3C so don't need another 300mm for the time being.