Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

day on the hudson w my girl & my mir
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: day on the hudson w my girl & my mir Reply with quote

hi all

my wife and i spent an overcast day around the hudson river and nearby park. i took along my mir 35mm 2.0 and my sigma sd14. most shots taken at 5.6 or 8.0. please click on each photo for best resolution. thanks for looking, comments, criticism! Very Happy

some portraits of my wife:

some river scenes:

i was very captivated by this tree. the first shot benefitted from a very strong breeze, which when coupled with the quality of the lens, produced an impressionistic effect:

finally, going home...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portraits of your lovely lady. The scenery takes me back - I used to live in Ossining back in the early 80's.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, your wife have a wonderful smile
weather was not the best or the mir lack contrast
nice impressionistic trees and great autumn road

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sharp set! Love the orange colours of the last photo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for the kind words! i think things are coming together a little better as i get more used to the camera, the lenses and mf in general--still a long way to go but at least i see some progress! thanks also to my wife who lovingly indulges my picture taking obsession.Embarassed

patrickh: i had relatives in ossining and have fond memories of visits to 'the country' in the 60s and 70s. these were taken a little further up river in kingston where the hudson is surprisingly narrow. btw, i love bridges! Laughing

poilu: yes, the day was overcast--as have been like 8 out of 10 since august. Crying or Very sad i think this is a very underrated lens; no one really talks about it, but it is the fastest 35mm m42 i have come across and i think has nice resolution and color rendition. plus it was under $100!

shrek: thank you for commenting on the sharpness! Laughing im getting there...

tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really have captured the feeling of fall in this series. Lovely pictures on your wife as well. I wish I could convice my wife to pose for some portraits.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sven thank you so much, that's very nice of you. my wife really doesnt enjoy posing for pictures and i have many of her making funny faces! every once in a while i capture a good one....

perhaps my mir is different than yours as for me the aperture ring is closest to the camera and the focus ring is the outer most ring. i did not know they made different versions of this lens.

again, thank you for the kind words. i just wish we could get a few days of sunshine here before all the leaves are gone!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
sven thank you so much, that's very nice of you. my wife really doesnt enjoy posing for pictures and i have many of her making funny faces! every once in a while i capture a good one....

perhaps my mir is different than yours as for me the aperture ring is closest to the camera and the focus ring is the outer most ring. i did not know they made different versions of this lens.

again, thank you for the kind words. i just wish we could get a few days of sunshine here before all the leaves are gone!
tony

I realized that we have different MIRs Mine is a MIR-1B 2.8/37.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony.

Very, very nice pics. Wander landscapes and a beauty portraits of your wife.

Thanks for sharing.

I conform that for my taste it's a good lens, of course.

Which Mir ? 37 or 35 ? Anybody tried both?

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much rino! your comments mean a great deal as i really admire your work.

mine is the 35mm, and i think i would rather have it over the 37mm because its a stop faster and just as sharp.

in this series, i really love what the lens did with the willow tree--these 2 are my favorite tree shots of mine.