Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dandelion-ed Distagons/Planars on Nikon D90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Dandelion-ed Distagons/Planars on Nikon D90 Reply with quote

anybody done it here?

experiences?

Is it worth the money or should I just wait to get a FX Nikon?

Btw, will it meter on a D3s without the chip? Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

There are not really that many ZF lenses available (yet) on the aftermarket, and only ZF.2 are chipped (--> metering also on lower-end Nikon bodies). The Contax Zeiss lenses sell for considerably less than ZF/ZF.2 lenses, certainly making it interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
http://www.leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

There are not really that many ZF lenses available (yet) on the aftermarket, and only ZF.2 are chipped (--> metering also on lower-end Nikon bodies). The Contax Zeiss lenses sell for considerably less than ZF/ZF.2 lenses, certainly making it interesting.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The leitax mount is my exact dilemma.

Let's say €200-250 for a good 28-35-50mm distagon/planar MM + 100 for the chipped leitax mount - PER LENS! And I prefer to have them all converted instead of rotating one mount on the lens of the day...

Might as well get some brand new Voigtlanders that meter? How's the Nokton SL II 58/1.4 compared to the Planar 50/1.4? Ignoring the 8mm difference...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly less sharp, less contrast, less drop off in border between in and out of focus areas. Actually, I think it may have had better corner sharpness stopped down though. It's a good alternative to CY leitax conversions, for probably around the same total price.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Dandelion chip will do for a converted lens like a Leica or Zeiss MM is allow the EXIF file to record the correct focal length and maximum aperture (only a real issue with the off-focal length lenses like a 21, 40, 90 or 125mm or odd f/stops, [like the 3.4 on the Leica 180 APO] not available in the menu options on the Nikon pro bodies) and provide the correct focal length data to the autofocus rangefinder but more importantly, it will finally allow non-pro grade Nikon bodies like the D90 to meter; the pro Nikons will meter without it, as it does for other AI lenses but in stop-down mode. Not sure how secure the glue is for holding the the contact block to the mount for the long haul. One other option is getting a chip from the skilled but obnoxious Bjorn Rorslett and using a Dremel to drill into the mount. However, you will still need to get the contact block elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell your Nikon Hari and buy a more compatible camera or keep it and buy an entry level m4/3 for play as I do.