Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Pancolr infinity adjustment - part I
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: CZJ Pancolr infinity adjustment - part I Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll create part II as well, since there are two ways (!) for infinity adjustment with this lens. the primary infinity adjustment, and the secondary infinity adjustment. This post is about the primary infinity adjustment.

First, take off the screws from the places marked with red squares:

Excuse the greasy/oily look of the lens - I am taking advantage of the temporary aperture bladelessness by experimenting with lubricants - anyhow, once you've removed the screws, you can take the back off. Once done, you can take the "legs" off. Both are held by two screws. unfortunately some cost-cut-loonie at CZJ decided in his infinite intelligence to make this legs out of plastic! In the image the places I removed the legs are marked with red. The legs are laying flat on the table, as are the scrwes.

Next is an interesting little screw - the focus stopper screw (FSS). It's position is marked with the familiar red circle, as is the removed screw itself. If the lens at this moment is focused to either of the very extremes, you may be able to damage the screw when you remove it, so better to adjust the focus a bit away from infinity and minimum focus distance.

Now you can adjust the infinity: just turn the wheel where the FSS sat one way or the other - if you turn it in (tighter, clockwise), the infinity focus comes closer (ie. do this if you can not reach infinity). You might want to keep adjustments minimal - one rotation at a time.

Now you can reassemble the lens. First put the FSS and the legs back in. Or actually just the FSS should be enough - test that it actually does stop the focus ring from going beyond infinity and the minimum focus distance. If it doesn't you've adjusted the focus beyong what it can be adjusted by using this method. There is the other way too, which can be used for larger adjustments, but I'm not going into that in this post.

After you've reassembled the lens, focused on infinity the lens should look a bit like this (actually this is not quite perfect yet, but close enough for now) - if your lens looks radically different, you may have to open the lens again - that's fun! Smile

Here's a closer look to the back:

And, as always, doo take pictures of the process for you own sake. It is not fun when you forget which part of the lens went into which place., trust me :/ And also, when you remove stuff from the lens, do place the pieces into clear order. And don't lose too many parts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent post !
Does it apply also to the Flek 20 ? The lens ressembles bery well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Excelent post !
Does it apply also to the Flek 20 ? The lens ressembles bery well.

Thank you.

The Flektogon 20/2.8 has that ridicilous focus tightening mecanism in the front. But I think that in the inside it has the same mechanism this lens has - very common in CZJ lenses. I have unfortunately forgotten most of the 20/2.8 adjustment systtem, and that is a pity, because it is easy to resssemble the lens in a way that the image quality will be sub-par (and this is IMHO the reason why it has mixed reputation). I would like to open my lens just to help, but since it is working perfectly nowdays, I don't really want to (and won't) Smile

If the only problem with you lens is in focus adjustment, then this is likely be the way to do it. I think I have addressed this issue maybe half a year ago or so in this forum, can't remember. But the important thing is that make sure that the front lens group and the back lens group are properly positioned relative to each other - the the IQ will be there. Focus adjustments are done my shifing all the lenses, but not some of them (just like focusing itself does).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Don't open your lens ! Laughing
2.I found your post , thank you !
3.My flek 20 (which I managed to put back together thanks to you and other guys that helped) works now .