Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ Flektogon 25/4 maintenance help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: CZ Flektogon 25/4 maintenance help! Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
Thank you for being such an amazing forum!

I've recently got a CZ Flektogon from Ebay for quite a good price in which the seller warned about the presence of haze (that wouldn't affect the pictures too much)
I got now to the point in which I'd like to give all the lens elements a good clean since beside the hazy element also other parts are not the cleanest.
Since I'm used to do things myself and I already tried disassembling some lenses I thought it would be a good idea to give it a go, so I bought a lens kit.

I thought I would start from the name ring but that was so tight that in the process of unscrewing it I ended up injuring my neck from the tension and had to spend a couple of days unable to move. I went then for the back elements and they also were so tight that at the strongest I could barely unscrew of a couple of degrees. some of the nearby lens rings would also twist at the same time as if they're attached.
The front and the back of the lens show signs of being already worked on, so I expect someone to have serviced it in the past.

My question is, is it possible there's any kind of glue or something that needs to be heated up in order to unscrew the rings? There are these filaments in between the lens rings at the back that look as if they're there for preventing them to twist.

I'd really like to use a professional lens repairer as the very last resort!

Any help would be very appreciated!
Cheers,
Alex

imgur.com/hET3qgr

imgur.com/Hj4rPxv

imgur.com/ffKBI8E

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CZ Flektogon 25/4 maintenance help! Reply with quote

Alexwfm wrote:
Hello everyone.
Thank you for being such an amazing forum!

I've recently got a CZ Flektogon from Ebay for quite a good price in which the seller warned about the presence of haze (that wouldn't affect the pictures too much)
I got now to the point in which I'd like to give all the lens elements a good clean since beside the hazy element also other parts are not the cleanest.
Since I'm used to do things myself and I already tried disassembling some lenses I thought it would be a good idea to give it a go, so I bought a lens kit.

I thought I would start from the name ring but that was so tight that in the process of unscrewing it I ended up injuring my neck from the tension and had to spend a couple of days unable to move. I went then for the back elements and they also were so tight that at the strongest I could barely unscrew of a couple of degrees. some of the nearby lens rings would also twist at the same time as if they're attached.
The front and the back of the lens show signs of being already worked on, so I expect someone to have serviced it in the past.

My question is, is it possible there's any kind of glue or something that needs to be heated up in order to unscrew the rings? There are these filaments in between the lens rings at the back that look as if they're there for preventing them to twist.

I'd really like to use a professional lens repairer as the very last resort!

Any help would be very appreciated!
Cheers,
Alex

imgur.com/hET3qgr

imgur.com/Hj4rPxv

imgur.com/ffKBI8E

Welcome to the forum!

I fear I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that your first post won't display images (antispam measure).

I've quoted your post so the images show.

Any new posts you make from now on will properly display images.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the front name ring, but you can try some drops of acetone to loose the grip of the back retaining rings.
It worked when i've disassembled an alu Flektogon 35 f/2.8, the main retaining ring was impossible to unscrew before the "treatment"!