Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

COSINA (color-reflex) fault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: COSINA (color-reflex) fault Reply with quote

This has to be said. Whole series has one of the worst focusing lubricants ever used. I managed to make few of the lenses stuck already. Lenses were frequently sold as PORST Color-Reflex (including 1.2/50mm PK), i have Vivitar VMC 3.5/135mm before me of the same family. Anyway let it be noted these are very good lenses otherwise. I especially love 2/28mm Cosinon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

I own a Cosina made Petri 50mm/1.7. The focus ring was completely stuck when I got it. I relubricated it and now it runs as smooth as butter.
I was surprised of its center sharpness. For close distance, it puts my Pentax M 50mm/1.7 to shame. It is much weaker in the corners though (on crop).