Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Converting 3rd party FD mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Converting 3rd party FD mount? Reply with quote

There's something I've been wondering about... some third party lenses like Vivitar for instance, have the same models for Canon FD, M42, etc., so we know for sure the lenses CAN fit in an EOS camera and we can get the FD version quite cheap (nobody wants FD mount lenses). Has anybody tried to disassemble one of those FD mounts to convert it to EF or m42 or whatever we can use instead of fd?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real pain is the aperture lever that you will need to rebuild for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Converting 3rd party FD mount? Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
There's something I've been wondering about... some third party lenses like Vivitar for instance, have the same models for Canon FD, M42, etc., so we know for sure the lenses CAN fit in an EOS camera and we can get the FD version quite cheap (nobody wants FD mount lenses). Has anybody tried to disassemble one of those FD mounts to convert it to EF or m42 or whatever we can use instead of fd?

I have just registered, and this is my first post. I have made this with an almost free Sigma 80-200 3.5-4 in FD mount. I have converted it to M42. There is room to do this, but I didn't find any means to conect to stop down level to the pin of the M42 mount, so the lens if fully manual. It is not difficult, just take out the older mount and adjust the new one. Some grinding may be neccesary to reach infinity if the new mount is too thick (my case).

Javier