Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax M8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Contax M8 Reply with quote

I bought my once in a lifetime M8 through an inheritance , with CV 35mm f 2.5 / Summitar / Elmar and various USSR lenses.
It has been adapted to screw from the beginning .

I am now contemplating buying a Contax adapter so that a 50mm Sonnar or Sonnar-mounted J3 50 f 1.5 from Brian Sweeney will be almost permanently mounted .

It will be less expensive than buying a screw thread J3 with dubious quality and focusing issues on a Leica [ I have 2x J8s that focus before infinity ]

I much prefer the vintage look of old lenses - shades of slide shows from a Pancolor on a 1957 Praktina way back when .

With my L1 sorted with Olympus zoom and the G1 adapted to Leica screw , I am just about settled in pixel land !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you enjoy the M8. If you have a variety of screw/bayonet adapters, check them for infinity alignment. I have Leitz and Voigtlander ones, plus one marked only "Made in Germany" and particularly with my Russian lenses, I find they give different alignments of the rangefinder images when the lenses are set to their infinity stops.

Good shooting!