Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax lens questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Contax lens questions Reply with quote

I've been wanting a nice wide-angle lens, and I just came across some used Contax lenses. There is an 18/4, 28/2.8, and 35/2.8. Are any of these three lenses known for being especially good, or for having any problems? I can probably only afford one (if that), so I'm looking for more information on them. Also, will all three have a good Zeiss 3-D look? Thanks,

--Geoff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should PM to Orio, he is busy now to read all posts. He is the most experienced guy with Carl Zeiss wide lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard so much good things about Contax 28/2.8...
Many believe that it's the best 28mm lens next to the Leica 28.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Minolta 58/1.2 Reply with quote

huhging wrote:
I've heard so much good things about Contax 28/2.8...
Many believe that it's the best 28mm lens next to the Leica 28.

sorry to distrupt your thread, I havn't yet seen/read about the results of Minolta 58/1.2
I see u having two of them..
What are your views about the lense.. & is it possible to see any examples of the lense...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Koji is the better person to ask this question...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Contax lens questions Reply with quote

gcrimmins wrote:
I've been wanting a nice wide-angle lens, and I just came across some used Contax lenses. There is an 18/4, 28/2.8, and 35/2.8. Are any of these three lenses known for being especially good, or for having any problems? I can probably only afford one (if that), so I'm looking for more information on them. Also, will all three have a good Zeiss 3-D look? Thanks,

--Geoff

Geoff,
I don't have 18mm but I have 28 and 35mm. These were my best lenses until I got Vario-sonnar 35-70. Don't get me wrong, those two primes are excellent lenses - I am using VS because it is so versatile. To get 3-D look you need extra sharp lens and I believe these meet that requirement.
18mm is very expensive. You won't be dissapointed with any Contax Zeiss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for the Contax 35-70/3.4 if zoom is an open option.
I don't think anyone will regret buying this lens...
Plus, it has a nice macro function as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are couple from Contax 35-70...with 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35-70 on 40D, sometimes not wide enough on crop but I hope to have FF till next year
today this donkey in love with Zeiss came to kiss my lens Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huhging wrote:
Here are couple from Contax 35-70...with 5D.

This is an amazing shot!!! WOW!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Such comment boost a newbie like me....
I think I got lucky with the shot.
It was very hot and muggy day, but these guys made everything so cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huhging wrote:
Thanks.
Such comment boost a newbie like me....

We have a nice family Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Orio woould agree if he were here, but just look at the 3D in that image! You can see the microphone is nearer than the singers and the singers are nearer than the background. Wonderful!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hooked on Contax lenses, although I only have 2 of them now, after seeing this picture.
I hope John doesn't mind borrowing his picture.
I immediately bought Planar 100/2 because of this picture.

Look at the 3Dness of the lady.
It's almost looks like she's floating in the air.