Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax G cameras ....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Contax G cameras .... Reply with quote

....any users here ? Some experience with these ?
Never had the chance to hold and shoot with one... Seem much overrated on ebay .?..

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 of them Smile
almost like new G1 and used G2 - both are nice, G2 a little bit quieter and faster focusing than G1.

I have ended with both while searching for the lenses.
Very fine cameras. I can drop you one if you want to play with it Smile i think you have Econt Express courier between Bulgaria and Romania for something like 5 EUR.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
I have 2 of them Smile
almost like new G1 and used G2 - both are nice, G2 a little bit quieter and faster focusing than G1.

I have ended with both while searching for the lenses.
Very fine cameras. I can drop you one if you want to play with it Smile i think you have Econt Express courier between Bulgaria and Romania for something like 5 EUR.

Great , thank you , Stefan !

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the G2 and find it to be a great camera. Focus is spot on when shooting landscape or other still subjects, and for street it is fast enough with my 28mm and 45mm, less reliable with the 90mm Sonnar (It took me using the Sonnar on my A7r before realizing just how good a lens it is). But the G2 is a fine camera regardless, and few rangefinders seem to nail focus reliably in the longer focal lengths.
I think one other advantage to consider (G1 or G2) is that the G2 can use more lenses (the 21mm).
Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had G1 & 28,45 & 90 some years ago, stupid to sell them.
Lenses are of legendary quality!
The only "affordable" way to get a Hologon 16mm ultrawide for 1000 - 1300.-€, the original Leica M version from the sixties is ten times higher.
If You decide for G1, look for green label inside camera, it's actualised version to accept later added lenses.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: hologon Reply with quote

expensive , yes, but a bit less expensive back when one could buy it new at a discount (did not sell well hereabouts).

My copy gave interesting perspectives, and the graduated filter avoided vignetting, but I did not think the sharpness was up to scratch , so after some years I got rid of it. Nice pile of cash plus an extremely rare Alpa (6 of them exist) in exchange , so I do not regret its absence. Hope the more recent one is sharper. So far the 15mm Voigtländer will have to do.

p.