Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax 35-70/3.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Contax 35-70/3.4 Reply with quote

RemcoR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks stunning!

Can you share your feelings about the pentax 3.5/35-105 compared to the contax 3.4/35-70 ?

best regards

Timo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Timo,
I have done extensive comparison shots with both. My findings are: center sharpness is about the same, the Pentax reaching about 95% of the sharpness of the Contax when pixel peeping. A great score for the Pentax indeed. Borders are a totally different story, the Contax just blows the Pentax out of the water.
Both have great contrast. The Pentax has great rendering of reds, the Contax has its famous microcontrast. Both do nice close focusing.
For landscapes with good borders I won't use the Pentax. For shots where center sharpness is important, both are excellent with great rendering.

RemcoR