Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Confused!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Confused! Reply with quote

So I've got my manual focus lenses up and running and am very much liking the results! The thing that's confusing me is that when I switch my panny lumix dmc g3 to shutter priority, I lose the ability to control the exposure. When I press the dial to switch from shutter speed to exposure it just brings up manual focus assist.
Any ideas on what's going on here, am I doing something wrong or is that just something I'll have to live without?
Thanks,
Brian.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is going to help. I only have Oly m4/3 cams, not panasonic, so I cannot answer your point directly. However, in shutter priority mode, the shutter speed is fixed at what you set. The camera cannot control the aperture of the MF lens, so the only way it can get the correct exposure is if it can vary the ISO speed. With Olympus cameras, setting the camera to Auto ISO works.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the answer in the other post you made in manual focus forum as "exposure"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S mode cannot work of course.
Use A mode , it works fine.
You can activate and desactivate the focus picking very easily on the G3.
The G3 is a nice camera for legacy lenses . I have one.
The EVF is perfect for such lenses , really superior to SLR.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutter priority is auto exposure, you set the shutter speed and the camera controls the aperture on the lens. Naturally it cant do this with manual lenses as there is electronic/mechanical linkage. Use it on P or A.

adjust the shutter speed by opening up the lens or selecting a higher ISO.