Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Computar 12.5mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Computar 12.5mm f1.8 Reply with quote

I just bought one. Has anyone tried it. I wanted the 12.5mm f1.3, but I thought this was a good deal.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the lens today, and too me it looks like it's a NOS lens. MFD is 0.4 meters, and the appeture stops down to a hex shape.
It will screw in partially to one of my c-mount adapters.
Without machining you get macro only. I will try to test in macro tomorrow.
Coverage of m4/3 sensor seems decent, if my estimate is correct it will give 27-28mm F/F equivalent. I need to find someone who can machine the mount for me.
I think this will make a nice wide angle lens for my G1.
I hate to post this pic, but there is no way to test it.I stopped the lens all the way down to f16 and took this shot in 16:9 mode.
So this will give you an idea of coverage. I shot this at 20 feet away fron the front porch. Of course there is no way to get it in focus without machining the mount, except in macro.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Walter G. I can machine that mount for you and adjust the lens so it works properly on m4/3. I'm not able to reduce the vignetting
on this model of lens, however. You can contact me through my website: www.ekoecamera.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekoe wrote:
Hello Walter G. I can machine that mount for you and adjust the lens so it works properly on m4/3. I'm not able to reduce the vignetting
on this model of lens, however. You can contact me through my website: www.ekoecamera.com

Thank you. I will contact you after payday.