Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Computar 12.5mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Computar 12.5mm f1.8 Reply with quote

I just bought one. Has anyone tried it. I wanted the 12.5mm f1.3, but I thought this was a good deal.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the lens today, and too me it looks like it's a NOS lens. MFD is 0.4 meters, and the appeture stops down to a hex shape.
It will screw in partially to one of my c-mount adapters.
Without machining you get macro only. I will try to test in macro tomorrow.
Coverage of m4/3 sensor seems decent, if my estimate is correct it will give 27-28mm F/F equivalent. I need to find someone who can machine the mount for me.
I think this will make a nice wide angle lens for my G1.
I hate to post this pic, but there is no way to test it.I stopped the lens all the way down to f16 and took this shot in 16:9 mode.
So this will give you an idea of coverage. I shot this at 20 feet away fron the front porch. Of course there is no way to get it in focus without machining the mount, except in macro.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Walter G. I can machine that mount for you and adjust the lens so it works properly on m4/3. I'm not able to reduce the vignetting
on this model of lens, however. You can contact me through my website: www.ekoecamera.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekoe wrote:
Hello Walter G. I can machine that mount for you and adjust the lens so it works properly on m4/3. I'm not able to reduce the vignetting
on this model of lens, however. You can contact me through my website: www.ekoecamera.com

Thank you. I will contact you after payday.