Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Compact, punchy and potent: Summicron-M 50/2 V4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Compact, punchy and potent: Summicron-M 50/2 V4 Reply with quote

I had a chance to trade for this one Smile

last about 50% crop
Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yes it is! Exciting subjects Laughing Can you tell to us a bit more what we can see on first pictures ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Yes it is! Exciting subjects Laughing Can you tell to us a bit more what we can see on first pictures ?

haha I put em so you guys will tell me!!

Basically to me, I'm looking for a 50 so sharp I can leave my oily 55 micro on the shelf---and something smaller of course.

The sculpture is at the range where it's easy to be sharp, so I contrast with an infinity shot--which seems pretty good.

The "porcupine" is in some harsh light with a high sun, but kinda fun shot anyway.

I will get some 100s up at some point, but everyone knows the lens is crisp.

This is the V4, which is the latest formula but by far the lightest, at 195 grams, while the latest version is bewteen 242 and 335 depending on color and mount, and has a built in hood.

Basically I've been searching for a tiny landscape 50, and pretty much had made up my mind i'd need a nokton 50/1.5, but hadn't found an affordable one. This came up, and I jumped Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos Smile

May sound like offtop, but I'm currently watching some super rokkor 5cm f2 and a topcor-s 5cm/2, the seller advertized the lenses being on-par with the summicrons, maybe you or anyone else had the opportunity to compare them Smile

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica IQ, of course.

Congrats, one of the leica M 50 mm is yours.

If you can get an old 2/50 DR summicron M, do it, don't let it go. You will have the two better 50 mm lenses of the history, sure.

Use it, use it and use it.

Rino.