Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Coffee break with Maya & Yashica ML 2.8/35mm (NEX-C3)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Coffee break with Maya & Yashica ML 2.8/35mm (NEX-C3) Reply with quote

Wide-open samples. Another set in oversized gallery: http://forum.mflenses.com/mayas-painting-tutorial-and-yashica-ml-2-8-35mm-nex-c3-t51519.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a cute little lady , excellent series as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely portraits! This is one of the true quality lenses available at a decent price still. Number 3 has some real pop about it to, I particularly like that one Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely model and very nice rendering from ML glass.
I really should buy one now that I own a nex.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photographs of a beautiful little girl! My favorite is #4. The green eyes alone tell a story. Is this Yashica the analog to the Contax Distagon T 35mm F/2.8?

P.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

pdccameras wrote:
Beautiful photographs of a beautiful little girl! My favorite is #4. The green eyes alone tell a story. Is this Yashica the analog to the Contax Distagon T 35mm F/2.8?

Maybe someone knows conclusive answer?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Nice shooting that looks like 3D film.

Good job !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read (on the Internet of course, so grain of salt) that the ML lenses are very close to the rendering of the Zeiss
lenses. There seems to be a universal consensus that the Yashica renders a little cooler colors and the Zeiss renders
warmer colors.

However, these are already yielding warm colors, at least to me.

A CRACKIN' good lens!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's probably an urban tale that ML and Zeiss lenses are close. For starters, ML cost about half of Zeiss Contax lenses when sold new. I've had Yashica ML 50/1.7, it was a very good lens, but it didn't have Zeiss pop. I don't have Zeiss SLR lenses, but the rendering was completely different to my Contax G Sonnar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:

P.

+1