Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Close encounter of angry peacock
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Close encounter of angry peacock Reply with quote

If look could kill, I would be dead by then. I was lucky to shoot with 135mm as I had time to run away Wink.

Shot with Olympus OM-2SP with Tamron 03B 135mm/2.5 at Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 (6 years expired, rated at ISO250).
Home scanned with Plustek 7600i scanner + bunch of software (VueScan, ColorPerfect, Lightroom).

#1 Angry peacock gal

#2 Fancy peaccok lad

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel. I was chased by an angry goose once, not an experience I want to repeat in a hurry! Rolling Eyes

Nice shots btw. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!

I love the detail on the chest and the angry face in pic 2, but pic 1 is lovely too.
Did you guess the iso exposure compensation?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for your kind replies.

As for guessing iso compensation, at first I read that negatives, when stored in room temperature, usually loose about 1EV per 10 years. Also fellow member, Pentaxpete, have recommended me ISO200 as a starting point.

After I bought bigger part (60 negatives with nice price) that expired 5 years before I put them into the freezer so they will not loose any more of their sensitivity (also it was easier for me to store about 80 negatives in freezer rather than in refrigerator Wink ). I've tried exposing them at different ratings and ISO200-250 seems to be perfect spot. ISO100 gives more vivid colours and a bit of colour cast, while ISO50 gives strong cyan colour cast. At ISO400 colours are washed out and blacks are mostly grey and noisy.

All in all I really like Fuji Superia X-TRA 400 as a all-day, cheap negative. I have used fresh ones as well as those after expiry date and they all work very well with beautiful colours, nice grain and not bad exposure latitude. If you have control over the scanning process or have good lab to scan them, also skin tones are very nicely rendered.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics. Did the male rattle his tail? Thats a little scary.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result!!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys. Unfortunately male didn't rattle his tail, they were just a bit annoyed since couple of peoples were trying to push them from shade into the sun to take a photos with them Wink, but beside that they were pretty accustomed with people.