Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning aperture on Pentacon MC 1.8/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Cleaning aperture on Pentacon MC 1.8/50mm Reply with quote

After some time, second guide from me. This time I show you, how to clean stuck aperture blades on Pentacon 1.8/50, which is pretty common fail with this lens.
It's common lens, it's cheap and it's easy. Good to start with.
Again only assembly, disassembling is just reverse.

Clean the aperture blades and parts from oil with your favorite dish washing liquid and let them dry.

Put blades on place as shown on next picture

Put entire assembly inside lens barrel. It's the hardest part, best way is to turn barrel upside down and put it on aperture assembly. After third or fourth attempt you will surely succeed Wink
Then put on place three screws which holds the aperture assembly inside barrel. Don't tighten them now, because we need later adjust the aperture.

Now put back rear part, beware all balls, A/M switch and aperture control assembly.

Tighten the three screws which holds rear part of lens.

Now adjust the top aperture cover. At f1.8 should be the aperture fully open and you need to see hole size change even when stopping from f11 to f16. The fix the cover with tightening the three screws. Don't use to much force.

If it is necessary, add some grease to helicoid

Screw in the front lenses group

Screw on front filter ring and secure it with small screw

And lastly screw in the nameplate ring.

Enjoy your repaired Pentacon not only wide-open....

...but stopped down too Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series and a rally good result. Thanks for sharing.

I find that it is worth either finding, or making, screwdrivers which fit the screw slots exactly. I am sure it is not your doing, but several screws in you pictures bear the signs of being tightened with too small a screwdriver.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning aperture on Pentacon MC 1.8/50mm Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:

Now adjust the top aperture cover. At f1.8 should be the aperture fully open and you need to see hole size change even when stopping from f11 to f16. The fix the cover with tightening the three screws. Don't use to much force.

Hello, very good post. I've done everything but I found problems with this step. I don't know how to calibrate the aperture blades. At f16, blades hole has a huge different size if I tighten the screw in one position or other.

Can anyone upload a front picture of his Pentacon at f16.
The problem is that I use analog film and I can't test it on digital camera and compare it's values with a light meter. Thanks a lot!