Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning an Olympus Zuiko Auto-W 35/2 ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Cleaning an Olympus Zuiko Auto-W 35/2 ... Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just posted on my blog a tutorial on cleaning the named lens from fungus.
If interested, feel free to browse to the post clicking here...

C&C are welcome ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done, thank you very much!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!, thanks for sharing!

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thak you for nice tut.

I have one question: How do you manage to keep the lenses clean, I always get small dust particles on them, even after blowing and using a small soft brush, after I assemble, the particles are clearly visible inside the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks all for your comments ...

sadness wrote:

I have one question: How do you manage to keep the lenses clean, I always get small dust particles on them, even after blowing and using a small soft brush, after I assemble, the particles are clearly visible inside the lens.

I use an optical cleaning fluid supposed to have some anti-static properties ... Otherwise, when reassembling a lens, each time i fix an element, i turn the lens upside down (when possible) and blow it extensively before installing the next element. But finally, i too have the problem of the small dust particles inside the lens ... I think the only way to reassemble a lens without dust would be a "white chamber", but for sure i cannot afford this kind of installation in my flat ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadness wrote:
Thak you for nice tut.

Keep all glass elements in separate microfiber cleaning clothes until you put them into place usually it is provide dust free assembly.

Dino , nice tutorial thank you! How long time experience do you have with cleaned lens I would like to know is fungus ever did return after cleaning or not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Dino , nice tutorial thank you! How long time experience do you have with cleaned lens I would like to know is fungus ever did return after cleaning or not.

Thanks Attila ...

Well, i almost started three years ago, with an M42 Tessar 50/2.8 (i must confess that the Maintenance and Repair section was the main reason i subscribed to this forum, found the tutorial for cleaning the Tessar while browsing the threads) ... Up to now, all of the lenses i have cleaned from fungus are still clean (a Flek 35/2.8, some Nikkors and a few others). But, honestly, i don't know if it is because of the effective cleaning or because most of those lenses are now being used by their owners, thus taking light ...