Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clean Exa II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Clean Exa II Reply with quote

Hi to all, this is the first time that I write on this board, but It's been a long time that I read the board stealing your suggestion Very Happy
Well, I need help whit my Exa II that was of my grandfather, but it is dirty whit a lot of dust, maybe fungus ecc, It needs to be clean! I started to disassembly but i can't remove top cover! Someone has a disassembly guide/manual or can give me some instructions? I put some pictures of the camera. thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Clean Exa II Reply with quote

Michele wrote:
Hi to all, this is the first time that I write on this board, but It's been a long time that I read the board stealing your suggestion Very Happy
Well, I need help whit my Exa II that was of my grandfather, but it is dirty whit a lot of dust, maybe fungus ecc, It needs to be clean! I started to disassembly but i can't remove top cover! Someone has a disassembly guide/manual or can give me some instructions? I put some pictures of the camera. thanks!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michele,

one year ago I had exactly the same problem. You may refer to this thread: http://www.dslr-forum.de/showthread.php?t=538843&page=2 if you read german. There are some photos taken by me showing the solution of the problem.

I can provide you with the repair manual if needed (its german though). Afaik you have to remove the timer dail and the film rewind dail to remove the top cover. Therefore you have to remove two screws that are inside the film spools.

Hope this helps... if you need further assistance, just let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for your answer! I don't read german, sorry! I have removed the two dail and the screws but I can't remove the top cover, I don't now why. I would be grateful if you could give me assistance or manual!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michele, can you provide us with some photos of your progress with the camera?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have unscrewed some screws. Probably I'll have to buy a new exa to reassemble the whole Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michele,

in the first of your pictures you see the time dail. Since it is still in place, you cannot remove the top cover. Here is how to remove it:

- set the dail to B (take care not to turn it to another time during removal)
- use two screwdrivers (or any other tool of your choice) to remove the snap-ring in the center of the time dail (around the hole)
- take the black spacer plate off
- this might reveal some screws, remove them

Cheers
Ehm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!! Thank you very very much my friend!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it will be a succes. I got a Exa IIa last week. Not superb, but quite reasonable condition with Jena T 50mm 2.8.

The shutter still moves, but doesn't work properly, the curtains move together most times. They still looks OK and tight. So the little thing need a good cleaning too.
So I am very curious about the results of the cleaning. Good luck!

I would be happy if I could find a repair manual in English, German, French or Dutch. Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ihagee.org/RepairSpare/repairspare.htm