Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Classic PENTAXES and Classic BIKES!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Classic PENTAXES and Classic BIKES! Reply with quote

The annual invasion of 'Mods' and Rockers' took place on Easter Bank Holiday Monday in Southend-on-Sea, Essex and they did not FIGHT as they did in the 1960's as they were all PENSIONERS and just stood around talking about their 'Classic Bikes' !
I had two 'Classic PENTAXES' -- my 1961 SV for B&W and my 1973 Spotmatic F for colour print -- I met a couple of other keen snappers so we had a little 'Classic Camera' meet !! -- Here asre some on 2005 outdated FP4+ I processed in Ilfotec LC 29 1+19 and printed onto some old ORWO BH1 paper with my Durst M305 + 50mm f4 El-Nikkor lens, scanned with my MUSTEK 1200 UB flatbed
24mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f8
Southend 03 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
24mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f8
Southend 02 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
24mm f3.5 SMC Takumar at f5.6
Southend 04 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Not 'Female Rockers' but I liked the Fish'n'Chips !! 150mm f4 SMC Takumar at f5.6
Southend 06 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
This is the Camera I used
Pentax SV by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Pete. There is something about BW for reportage type work like this that just works so well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nice work Pete. There is something about BW for reportage type work like this that just works so well.

+1

I'm not sure about "classic bikes" as not one that I can see is as old as your cameras. Laughing (Actually your spotty may be younger than a couple of the shovelhead Harleys)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed it is.

Bikes are still good. And so is a sly fish and chips for that matter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Classic PENTAXES and Classic BIKES! Reply with quote

Thanks to all my 'viewers'-- I thought there might be a 'Bike Enthusiast' lurking on this site that knows all the 'Technical Stuff' about Bikes == me, I had a Phillips Roadster with Sturmey Archer three speed gears bought for me in 1948 when I passed the 11+ exam to Grammar School and it served me into the 1970's until it was stolen from my Garage.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a bike enthusiast, but I am a Pentax guy - I have an SV, a Spotmatic, a K1000 and 3 MXs, as well as a Kx and K10. A bucket of vintage and modern lenses, too. All in good condition. I'm not without an MX loaded with HP5 or Tri-X when I'm on the road - there is always a point where I pull it out rather than the Digitals, and usually the film shots are the most memorable.

I like the contrast range in your shots, and the portrait of the biker is nostalgic indeed. The scanning of your prints is very well done. I never could get the hang of FP4 - I found it a problematic film and went to Plus X, which I miss a lot. HP5 was more my film - wouldn't mind trying that soup you used on FP4 - it does look like a very good combo.