Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Classic Cars in 1990
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Classic Cars in 1990 Reply with quote

In 1990, I went on a road trip with a friend of mine in his dad´s motorhome to explore mountain pass roads in Austria and Northern Italy. First stop though was in Graz in the "Ritter Garage". I don´t know the story of this place, and didn´t find anything about in on the web, except that a Ritter classic car collection might have been sold in 2014. In 1990, they imported, restored and sold classic cars and we knew about the place from a school mate. His dad had a knack for British sports cars (Morgan Plus 8?) and the cash for it. So we went inside, asked politely if we could take some pictures, were kindly invited to do so, and that´s how I came to make this series.

The original images are scanned with approx. 30mpix with a Reflecta ProScan 10T and Silverfast Software. Silverfast has a sort of HDR mode that blows up such a file to about 300MB, but the results are quite good, and can keep up with the fine grain of the film I used. In one of the images I saw a reflection of my camera on a tripod, so I am quite sure it was the Konica FC-1 on my sturdy Manfrotto tripod. Both items got lost, probably during moving to new places, regrettably. Lens was the Hexanon 50mm f1.7 I still own, assumingly set to 5.6 or 8, using the 2 seconds max. exposure time of the FC-1 in most cases, in combination with self-timer. Film was likely one of the back-then new low-ISO Fujichromes - I couldn´t find anything on the film itself that would help me identify it. Maybe a Velvia, if I don´t mistake the time when the film was introduced. Well, I was 18 back then and had a lot of other things on my mind.
I hope you enjoy and don´t hesitate to comment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Very nice well done bit of photo-journalism! Definitely not a common sight in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Very nice well done bit of photo-journalism! Definitely not a common sight in the US.

Thank you! Friends

It´s the same here. Some 30 years ago when I photographed these cars, they were not exactly a common sight either. But numerous compared to what you get to see today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Cars in 1990 Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
In 1990, I went on a road trip with a friend of mine in his dad´s motorhome to explore mountain pass roads in Austria and Northern Italy. First stop though was in Graz in the "Ritter Garage". I don´t know the story of this place, and didn´t find anything about in on the web, except that a Ritter classic car collection might have been sold in 2014. In 1990, they imported, restored and sold classic cars and we knew about the place from a school mate. His dad had a knack for British sports cars (Morgan Plus 8?) and the cash for it. So we went inside, asked politely if we could take some pictures, were kindly invited to do so, and that´s how I came to make this series.

The original images are scanned with approx. 30mpix with a Reflecta ProScan 10T and Silverfast Software. Silverfast has a sort of HDR mode that blows up such a file to about 300MB, but the results are quite good, and can keep up with the fine grain of the film I used. In one of the images I saw a reflection of my camera on a tripod, so I am quite sure it was the Konica FC-1 on my sturdy Manfrotto tripod. Both items got lost, probably during moving to new places, regrettably. Lens was the Hexanon 50mm f1.7 I still own, assumingly set to 5.6 or 8, using the 2 seconds max. exposure time of the FC-1 in most cases, in combination with self-timer. Film was likely one of the back-then new low-ISO Fujichromes - I couldn´t find anything on the film itself that would help me identify it. Maybe a Velvia, if I don´t mistake the time when the film was introduced. Well, I was 18 back then and had a lot of other things on my mind.
I hope you enjoy and don´t hesitate to comment.

Ausgezeichnet! This stuff is timeless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your kind words. I admit looking at it today, I could have applied some more sharpening to the original slides.