Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cine Ektar 25/1.9 bayonet mount + Home Made Adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Cine Ektar 25/1.9 bayonet mount + Home Made Adapter Reply with quote

Made a mistake of buying these old cameras with the lenses which I thought it would be a standard C mount. The lack of information about the cameras made it harder to decide but I bought it anyways. I'm faster than "John Wayne" when it comes to pulling the trigger on ebay that is.

Bear in mind that this is still in the works but holds great promise. Shown in the picture are a pair of cine ektar 25/1.9, one plastic 1 1/2 inch cap for chair legs (furniture tip) readily available at hardware stores for ove a $1.00 each. The other lens has a m4/3 reverse ring(macro) adapter with the plastic cap installed and lens mounted. Sample pictures below and I believe It goes past infinity a bit.

It does not take much to know what I did to assemble this. This for now is forced fit or pressure fitted and stays well in place, however if the lens has a stiff focus ring than it would move around. I intend to glue this together later as I still need the adapter to fit the other lenses. There are 3 more ektars coming my way from ebay. Did I mention I'm fast on the draw! Laughing

Anyways, I thought I would share this for others who already have this type of lens. Cheers

Wide Open f1.9 at 2 ft or less

Wide Open f1.9 across the room about 20-25 ft and focus ring halfway and showing 2 ft on ring. Not sure If I can calibrate this.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20136/big_6656_P6110306_1.jpg]
[/url]
F1.9 The sun is just coming up when I took this picture of the neighborhood to test infinity. Its way past infinity definitely. The focus ring is just past halfway! 2 ft to Infinity is not bad but I may be able to tweak it more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similiar lens. My friend told me that this is a Kodak M mount (not leica M)
There's also Ektar 25/1,9 II in c mount.
is your back lens looks like this? (mine)

I attached it on my EPM1 with ltm-m4/3 and some glue, but not reach infinity. I will try your way.
here's my sample

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Ektar 25/1.9 Reply with quote

Yes! exactly the same mount except my versions do not seem to have the screw visible. Bring the m4/3 macro adapter with you when you shop for the furniture leg tip/s at Home Depot or Orchard supply. Most of them fit snugly but some will be a bit loose. I believe you'll go past infinity by 1 mm which equates to one or more turns on focus ring. Adjust/shim before permanently gluing.

Also, paint that plastic as light can go through it a bit. I believe I used 52mm macro adapter but It should not matter as the inside diameter looks the same as 62mm at least on picture. If you have a m4/3 macro extension ring the diameter should be close and you could bring that first to the hardware store and find a closely fitting leg tips.

Nice picture BTW! I have not played with my ektars as the Fujinons 12.5 (2 lenses) arrived and a lot more shaving needed on these lenses to get the rear and front element closer to each other to lessen vignetting to just the corners.

I checked out your lenses link and that was a mistake. It's not nice showing this to lens addict like me. Laughing
That xenoplan makes me drool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this.
Adapter Kodak=> C Mount do exist but they're expensive.
I got one of this Ektar dirt cheap with the diaphragm stuck closed.
I tried to repair it, but the diaphragm had been already forced, so it was a mess.
No I have the lens definitively wide open, and when I focus the lens, I unscrew the body of the lens Sad
C'est la vie...
I put it aside, for when I have time, but I'll keep in mind your adapter solution.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome!

Now about the broken diaphragm - Maybe we could open a "BARTER" topic for the purpose of
giving away lens parts that otherwise would go to waste. Someone might have a fungus damaged ektar lens
who might donate the body to someone like you for example that needed the aperture part.

I myself have a couple of lenses that I gave up on. I have a Nikon 60mm macro lens that I bought for cheap
only to find out that the focusing helicoid was out of round and cost a lot more to get this part.

I did some damage to the helicoid in an attempt to fix a very stiff foucusing ring.
The rest of the lens still ok.

So anyone who wants this, just pay for shipping cost and it's yours. I do not recommend to ship this out of US
as shipping cost is too much to make it worthwhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Kodak S mount to Cmount adapter, Attila use it.
When I bought this lens from ebay seller, he had Kodak S lens too, even the adapter. But he said, this lens is'nt fit in the adapter.
Anyway, I managed this lens in my LTM-M4/3 adapter and achived infinity. just use part of plastic bottle and glue. There's slight vignete on corner in RAW file. not visible in JPG Very Happy
more sample, all wide open.

palimos, the nikon 60mm is tempting, but I'm far away from US Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots with your EKTAR. I know adapters can be ridiculously expensive and I do not blame them due to the fact that they would not know before hand what the demand would be like.

You are welcome to post your DIY with your LTM- M4/3 solution here. The more the better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's my set up.
protrude part was cut by previous owner, so it can fit in adapter easily. If it still there, then macro reverse ring will be best Smile

Last edited by IAZA on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear it works. LTM-39 is definitely an option if one could find a readily available material to put in between the adapter and the lens mount. Like you said you used some sort of bottle cap that would grab the mount and fits the inside diameter of the adapter than it is a definitely an option.

I might steal this idea for a different lens I have in my todo basket.

Thanks for sharing.