Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cimkp (?) MT-X Series Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Cimkp (?) MT-X Series Lens Reply with quote

An auction I stumbled across advertises this lens mounted on a m42 camera. I wasn't able to find anything through a quick search of the name so I imagine it is misspelled? I'm not very familiar with 3rd party distributors so it could potentially be correct. Does anyone know what the lens might be? Many thanks in advance

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cimko was a lens manufacturer. Most often appearing under other names. Mixed opinions on quality.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Thanks! I found that that it is a 28-105mm lens. Here is the only picture I found of it: http://www.kookmincamera.co.kr/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=239004000005&search=&sort=order2

Any thoughts on quality?

~Marc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

Any thoughts on quality?

~Marc

MOST (nearly all) cimko (cima kogaku) are of very poor quality

The only which seems no too bad is the 28/50 that you can found under the vivitar name

Do not forget that, as far i knows, cimko was the only manufacturer which did not implement all the functions of the prime lenses (ie : the om lens does not have the depht of field button)