Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon AF 50mm 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Chinon AF 50mm 1.7 Reply with quote

I saw this mysterious lens for sale this morning. Instructions inside the box said it had Chinon bajonet-mount. Is this the same as the K-mount Pentax? I know that it isn't a MF, but it must be the first AF of Chinon.
Has someone any experience with this lens and is it worth 20€?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's for the Chinon CE5 camera, mine only has the manual lens unfortunately.

That was groundbreaking technology, I think Chinon were ahead of a few of the major manufacturers with that lens.

If you don't want the lens I would be interested in it, and I have a SMC Pentax 50 / 1.7 if you are after a PK mount 50. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, but I didn't buy this lens. I am just wondering if I can use it on my Nex devices. If so, with which adapter?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a standard Pentax PK mount, there are three contacts on the mount of the lens that match the three on the camera, just below the prism on the left, but I don't think they are needed to use the lens manually - but I'm not 100% certain about that. All the AF was done inside the lens using infra red, which requires it's own battery, I think the contacts were to prevent the camera shutter from being used when the lens wasn't in focus. I think it will work on any Pentax PK mount camera, but obviously wont lock the shutter.
Optically, I believe it is the same as the lens on my camera.