Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon 75-150mm f:3.8 slide zoom - Worth buying?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Chinon 75-150mm f:3.8 slide zoom - Worth buying? Reply with quote

Hi MF gurus,

There is a Chinon for sale in my neibourghood:
Chinon 75-150mm f:3.8
slide zoom
aperture settings 3.8...22
min focus 1.5 m
55mm filter
Pentax-K mount

Haven't seen the front view, don't know about serial no or coatings.

Any comments? Could it be a 'good' Chinon? (like my 135mm/2.Cool

B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diificult to be really helpful without seeing a picture to identify exactly which model, but - providing it's relatively cheap - it's probably a worthwhile investment. All the Chinons I've seen have been nicely made and many folks speak well of their performance.

Price on eBay Uk would be £5 to £15, I think, depending on mount. PK would be one of the more popular ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: About Chinon MC 75-150 3.8 Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Just in case it is still somebody interested in this lens or have some clues and suggestions, please be so kind and give me an advice if /i should buy this lens or not. It seems to be in very good condition, price is quite low, about 12 euro/14 dollars.
Pictures attached.
PK mount.
It is not a Chinon 75-150mm f3.9, with orange letters and numbers, but a 3.8 with green.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Ovisan on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: About Chinon MC 75-150 3.8 ? Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Just in case it is still somebody interested in this lens or have some clues and suggestions, please be so kind and give me an advice if /i should buy this lens or not. It seems to be in very good condition, price is quite low, about 12 euro/14 dollars.
Pictures attached.
PK mount.
It is not a Chinon 75-150mm f3.9, with orange letters and numbers, but a 3.8 with green.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Ovisan on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Chinon zoom lens I have is on the better side of average, nothing special but not so bad they should be avoided at all costs. Especially if they are cheap, and if, in Romania, lenses aren't as easily available as they are for many of us.

The Chinon prime lenses that I have are all good lenses, well made and sharp. The Chinon 35 - 100 / 3.5 - 4.5 zoom that I have is an early model, very big and heavy, and was probably a good lens in its day, but is now outclassed. The newer zooms, like the one you are asking about, are often made by one company and then sold with another company's brand name on them. so judging it is impossible. Maybe someone here has seen and used this lens?

I wonder if it might be a re-branded Tokina ?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tokina-rmc-75-150mm-f3-8-constant-aperture.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Lloyd, thank you very much for the answer.
It may be possible to be a re-branded Tokina, still the color of the numbers for meters is blue for the Tokina and green for the copy I presented.
Hmmmm...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . price is quite low, about 12 euro/14 dollars.

For 12 euro, you should buy this lens Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is one of the lowest prices for lenses similar with this.
I know that in Western Europe or USA, 14 euro may be a good price for a very good lens (in some situations, of course). In my country, as the lens market is still young and the international shipping is very expensive, most of the lenses are over priced.
So, yes, probably 14 euro may deserve the risk (plus probably 2-3 euro for shipping).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks like the tokina 75-150mm : similar markings, consistencies of design amd that distinctive beefy mount.
Reviews are pretty positive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 75-150 / 3.5 is a very useful range, it's very close to the Tamron 20AB 70-150 / 3.5, which is a lens I use a lot - it's so much smaller and lighter than the 70-210 lenses, and a little bit longer than 135's. when I want to travel light I take a 35-70 and a 70-150, or maybe a 70-210.