Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cheap wide lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: cheap wide lens? Reply with quote

Looking for a cheap (~$25) wide angle (will be normal on m4/3). I saw good reviews of the vivitar 28/2.5 & 28/2.8, and then that the rokkor 28/2.8 are even better.

Any recommendation as to what to look for in this range (and which is better)?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try looking for kiron 28mm/2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that was quick...

I think that the kiron would be too expensive or at least very hard to obtain. I'm looking for something that would be realistically easy to get (cheaply).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also look at sigma mini wide II 28mm/2.8 or soligor 28mm , osawa 28mm

then again you could try looking for sirius 18-28 zoom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

assaf: Vivitar 28/2.8 (komine) is better than Vivitar 28/2.5 (kiron). The difference isn't breath-taking, but it has visibly sharper borders and less CA.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 USD is not a budget for wide lens. Save more money and buy a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
25 USD is not a budget for wide lens. Save more money and buy a good one.

+1
Although the MD options may still be the cheapest. I have no experience there.
Also you could try the Konica Hexanon AR 28mm.
They have risen in price but still are reasonable. Superb IQ from all the Hex lenses. Japanese Leica Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komine built Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Close Focus is kind of hard to beat for the price.They can be found on ebay for $30+/-....I paid for $32 for mine with a Nikon FG attached to it.

They are usually available in the standard fixed mount version or the RL Edition(both lens identical except for the RL Edition lettering in blue[the RL Edition was a marketing gimmick with an extended warranty].

Note the Komine serial # 28xxxxxx

Last edited by Boomer Depp on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that the rokkor and vivitar 28's aren't good enough? I thought they were supposed to be excellent.

Wouldn't mind getting a konica (I already have the adapter) but they seem less abundant.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
The Komine built Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Close Focus is kind of hard to beat for the price.They can be found on ebay for $30+/-....I paid for $32 for mine with a Nikon FG attached to it.

Yep. Lost a couple bids on them in the last week... Sad
They seem to be in higher demand.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a canon FD 28mm f2.0, and I found it pretty good; it should go for around 80 euro on the 'bay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rokkors and Komine built Vivitar do fine...I wouldn't mind having some Rokkors myself,and Vivitar did distribute some decent glass back in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

assaf wrote:
Boomer Depp wrote:

Yep. Lost a couple bids on them in the last week... Sad
They seem to be in higher demand.

I noticed that lately...probably because of the ongoing Vivitar 28mm threads on the Pentax forums & elsewhere.