Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CHDK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: CHDK Reply with quote

Has anyone used this alternative firmware for Canon Powershot cameras? It allows you to do lots of stuff that Canon didn't intend,

I currently have it on my Powershot A460 which is temporarily my only digital camera. It allows for RAW shooting, focus select, aperture change, motion detect scripting and a lot more. People have used the last feature to capture lightning.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: CHDK Reply with quote

YES!

I have it my S5is and my G7 - it adds a lot of functionality and even, for some odd reason, a couple of games! lol

Doug

orangehexagon wrote:
Has anyone used this alternative firmware for Canon Powershot cameras? It allows you to do lots of stuff that Canon didn't intend,

I currently have it on my Powershot A460 which is temporarily my only digital camera. It allows for RAW shooting, focus select, aperture change, motion detect scripting and a lot more. People have used the last feature to capture lightning.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it on my Powershot A700, great stuff. The best thing for me was the Intervalometer script, so you can do timelapse with it. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphonic did you have any luck scripting it? I am not a coder. I discovered the ability to manually focus, admittedly it's not a very intuitive control. Suprised how insanely close the A460 will focus.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't code anything, there are lots of available scripts to just download and use (from the CHDK website). The one I used is called simply Intervalometer.