Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chasing Too Much Alcohol Around Glass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Chasing Too Much Alcohol Around Glass Reply with quote

Yes, I am in the right forum.

If I clean a lens until the last slurp of alcohol dries to invisible, will I ever get there? There is always something visible.

How many cleaning tissues to get beyond the rainbow(rainbow puddle slurp)?

What is your method? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , need to be careful with alcohol or other liquid , I has also lens where is clearly visible liquid went to inner elements.

I use microfiber glass cleaning clothes to remove rainbow. Cleaning clothes usable only a few times, because get grease after all from my hands.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My method is very simple, based on the “less is more philosophy”. I use an auto chamois and my hot breath. A real chamois is from lamb’s hide/skin. I leave a fog from my hot breath on the front element and then a quick swipe from the chamois… and that’s it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hot breath enough food for fungus, your practice is real danger for your lens, except if you can store in very dry environment.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Attila,

maybe I should modify my practise with first a swill of the Russian vodka... then the hot breath.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Chasing Too Much Alcohol Around Glass Reply with quote

BobDodds wrote:

If I clean a lens until the last slurp of alcohol dries to invisible, will I ever get there? There is always something visible.

Bob, Acetone is a far better lens cleaner. just be careful as it melts plastic and paint. Also use just a little on a Q-tip.

If you start seeing color on the lens when cleaning, discard the Q-tip you are using and start with another dampened one.

Jules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Chasing Too Much Alcohol Around Glass Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
BobDodds wrote:

Bob, Acetone is a far better lens cleaner. just be careful as it melts plastic and paint. Also use just a little on a Q-tip.

If you start seeing color on the lens when cleaning, discard the Q-tip you are using and start with another dampened one.

Jules

How about if I swill a little Acetone into my mouth, and use that breath to fog the lens? Laughing

Seriously, though. I thank you for that nice tip. Using the Q-tip sounds precise and easy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Chasing Too Much Alcohol Around Glass Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
lulalake wrote:
BobDodds wrote:

Jules

How about if I swill a little Acetone into my mouth, and use that breath to fog the lens? Laughing

Seriously, though. I thank you for that nice tip. Using the Q-tip sounds precise and easy.

HA HA. Well . . .acetone won't mix with ice and it prefers to be shaken, not swilled!

Cheers

Jules