Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Castle Rock: Fog, Lichens, and Wild Rosemary
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Castle Rock: Fog, Lichens, and Wild Rosemary Reply with quote

Took a recent hike in Castle Rock Open Space (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=walnut+creek,+ca&hl=en&ll=37.891772,-121.995921&spn=0.009398,0.021007&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.554089,86.044922&vpsrc=6&hnear=Walnut+Creek,+Contra+Costa,+California&t=h&z=16) with my K1000 and K-7 and my Sigma macro lens and Samyang 18-28mm. In addition, I took my Zeiss Nettar 515/2 and Balda Juwella to take eight identical shots and compare the results. So there are actually like four posts worth of material. This one will be for the color shots I took with the K1000 and the two lenses. For film: Kodak Gold 100. What a film! I hadn't shot Kodak 100 in years, and the results are fantastic, especially since the day was rainy (amazingly), foggy, and overcast. The lighting was nice and even, but most of my shutter times were 1/60th or less with very wide apertures. If my tripod hadn't broken 1/2-mile into the hike, that wouldn't have been an issue. Also, it was windy. Very windy.

For starters, if you'd like to view the whole album, here is a link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/102333270936007447976/CastleRock2011

To start, the lichens on the rocks, rosemary, and trees presented a stunning color array:

A nice mix of whites, oranges, and some greens that, in any other setting, would border gaudy and gauche. The film performed incredibly well.

Here the film exhibited a fairly boisterous green rendition of the wild rosemary. The green is a bit greener than the rosemary actually is, but the effect is pretty good.

One last shot, a dried seed pod macro. I also got a bunch of dog shots during the hike, but they're not uploaded to Picasa yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 3rd shot, the bark on the branch is almost crawling out of the picture.