Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carry strap for Salyut/Kiev
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Carry strap for Salyut/Kiev Reply with quote

While waiting for my official Kiev strap for the Salyut I made this little one. It's just a Camera bag strap and two screw-in lugs which I bought from ebay a little while ago. The lugs cost about 2 pounds for both. It's really comfortable to use, although it would be better with a padded shoulder strap!

If there had been only one tripod socket I would have used a steel carabiner through the lug and attached both straps to that - that is what I do when using cameras with no strap lugs or case.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, and that shirt is fantastic!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

Really simple solution to a very rare problem Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have managed to get a proper Salut strap its got the secure fitting but is only half an inch wide. This wide one is better - it doesn't cut into you - and the camera hangs better. Recently I got a new, wide, strap for about £4 on ebay, with shoulder padding and a couple of loops sewn in too, great for attaching the dark slide.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shirt, BTW. Haven't seen a post from you for a while.
You are quite the do it yourselfer!
Nice camera!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the pic is Lego Me, he goes everywhere with me now, happy to travel in an old film cannister he poses wherever we go. He's off to Rome and Iceland later in the year, then back to Poland in the autumn.

Its nice to be missed. I have had a lot on in the last few months, family wise and health wise and my photography has been almost nil. My camera collection has been inaccessible too and therefore I've not used many films.

I have a pair of Gopros and have been experimenting with timelapse video in my spare time.

However all is back to normal, I shall look forward to winding up some of the more stuffy members!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's good to see you back Phil. Like 1 small