Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss VISIONAR 55/1.6 converted to Sony E + Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss VISIONAR 55/1.6 converted to Sony E + Sony A7R Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss VISIONAR 55/1.6 projection lens converted to Sony E with focusing helicoid. Conversion was not easy. Entire lens' back was processed on lathe in order to slide rear lens block inside helicoid, as close to sensor as possible.

It's sharp and renders pleasant bokeh. Samples are from Sony A7R.
It covers almost entire frame...

...so only slight cropping was neccesary:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short focal legth Visionar's all need such type of surgery unfortunately.
I prefer the longer ones, but still those short ones deliver quite well!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I also prefer longer ones which are something uncommon comparing to photo lens. Initially I thought this 55 mm would be totally like other standard photo lenses, but I feel it in a bit different way.
Another level in surgeries will be 50 mm Meostigmat lenses, they seem to be way harder to adapt, even more processing is required.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:

Another level in surgeries will be 50 mm Meostigmat lenses, they seem to be way harder to adapt, even more processing is required.

I had a f1.0/50mm adapted to be used on a mft camera, turned out to work very well.
Quite happy with the results. Needed quite some surgery though...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know it's possible. Another thing is Stigmar XX 75/1.1, I have one and don't see chance of adapting it, unless I change distances between lens' blocks.