Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm F1.8 on Nex 5N at night
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm F1.8 on Nex 5N at night Reply with quote

I bought this lens last year (thanks to the gentleman who helped me get this lens). After it setting in my dry box for a long time, I am able to try it after I get the filter adapter for the lens. As there are lots of photos in the internet showing the daytime photos taken with this lens, I will only put the night photos here for reference.

The sharpness of this lens is good from wide open on my camera with small amount of glow at high-contrast edges. Contrast is good from wide open.

Most of the photo below taken at F2.8 and some are at either F1.8 or F4. To enable comparison across different lenses, all my photos posted in this section are processed with the same way with minimal amount of processing.

For best experience, click the photo for full size.

Thanks for viewing. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NICE Calvin, I always like the Ultron. Is it the one with concave front lens?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
This is NICE Calvin, I always like the Ultron. Is it the one with concave front lens?

Thanks. It is the concave front element version which is the only Ultron marked 'Carl Zeiss'.