Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Push-On Filters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Push-On Filters Reply with quote

I was given a Carl Zeiss 'Push-On' GREEN Filter and it fits my 80mm CFE Planar T* and some Pentax 6x7 lenses -- all I have to do now is to try the effect with Real B&W FILM !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Push-On Filters Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
I was given a Carl Zeiss 'Push-On' GREEN Filter and it fits my 80mm CFE Planar T* and some Pentax 6x7 lenses -- all I have to do now is to try the effect with Real B&W FILM ! [url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20236/big_4963_52967503323_63d02606a6_c_1.jpg]

Nice one! Those types of filters are becoming harder to find so a very handsome gift...

Pop in a roll of your finest b/w emulsion and find some trees or bushes (especially with dark leaves) and have fun. I'm curious as to whether your filter has a typical factor of 2 or does that PO1 mean it's a factor of 1? Either way, as long as you use TTL metering it's not going to be an issue.

I needed a green filter for my ancient Zeiss 500 f4.5 Mirotar but none was ever made for it so it cost me an arm and a leg to get a 200x200mm gel filter made back in the 1980s and then bodge a support from its gun-sight at the front. Your filter is definitely a better solution!