Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 80mm f/2.8 - P6 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 80mm f/2.8 - P6 mount Reply with quote

I picked up the P6 version of this beautiful alu lens a month or so ago (same as this one: http://forum.mflenses.com/pentacon-six-tessar-80mm-f2-8-praktisix-lens-t24889.html) and decided to give it a run out at the Sidmouth International Folk Festival, as I was getting bored of my usual test shots of books and houses!! Laughing

1. f2.8

Stick dancers by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

2. f4

Performing in the street by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

3. f4

Dancers (1) by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

4. f4

Dancers (2) by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

5. f4

Waiting to perform by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

6. f2.8 - into the light and despite the hood, the lens struggled

Pirates! by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

7. f2.8

8. f2.8

9. f2.8

All have had a +2 contrast tweak in Adobe Raw and my usual sharpening. I didn't do anything with the colours.

I think this is a very capable lens, best from f4 outdoors, but very decent at f2.8 indoors. I'm really pleased and surprised with the results Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation ! I have both oldest Exakta 66 and later P6 version , both are decent performer as you prove it here. Congrats!