Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena DDR MC Prakticar P 2.8/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena DDR MC Prakticar P 2.8/135 Reply with quote

Hello. Does anyone has any information or experiences about this lens? Is it the same as Pentacon 2.8/135, or the same as Contax Zeiss 2.8/135? Any optical formula? Performance?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 135mm f2.8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about performance? Same as Pentacon? And the zeiss label? I think it could be better than pentacon. Not?
Pentacon optical formula, zeiss quality->better than common pentacon 2.8/135. Am I wrong?
Could it be better than sonnar 3.5/135?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see?

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/pentacon/135mmelectric-2/

It's a very good gallery.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horvlas wrote:
And what about performance? Same as Pentacon? And the zeiss label? I think it could be better than pentacon. Not?
Pentacon optical formula, zeiss quality->better than common pentacon 2.8/135. Am I wrong?
Could it be better than sonnar 3.5/135?

This is a rebagged Pentacon as I said before, same.

Don't expect better quality or anything else. You can buy Sigma made lenses
labeled to Carl Zeiss Jena too and really not Zeiss quality.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good lens, but like Attila said, it is a pentacon (meyer) design.
The Carl Zeiss Jena version is 135 / 3.5

Did you buy this lens? You will need to convert or buy an expensive adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: DDR Pentacon lense Reply with quote

I once had a PB mount camera ("Jenaflex") and the 135mm lens seen in this this thread. I think the optics were (are) actually good, but both my 135 and others I've seen had a serious mechanical problem - the body of the lens became loose relative to the lens mounting flange. So loose that it seemed likely to fall apart ! I don't think it would be wise to spend a lot of money on an adapter for such a lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't buy yet. I would DIY change the mount to m42 or Nikon. I have some mount parts home. So is it better than Sonnar 3.5/135?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horvlas wrote:
I didn't buy yet. I would DIY change the mount to m42 or Nikon. I have some mount parts home. So is it better than Sonnar 3.5/135?

No , not better. It is different. If you would like to use with M42 end take one with M42 mount instead.

This is one of my favorite lens , it has outstanding bokeh and perfectly soft at wide open for portraits.

On Nikon M42 version not reach infinity , but reach enough distance for portraits, I made my best portraits with this lens.

Very common lens as you know with M42 mount , so forget Praktica version.