Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 'Hollywood' Contax CY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 'Hollywood' Contax CY Reply with quote

The camera used for the pictures above was Canon EOS 5D; the lens was an AEG version.

The camera used for the following pictures was Canon EOS 5D Mark II; the lens was an AEG version.

Last edited by Orio on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LINKS ABOUT CONTAX DISTAGON 2/28:
- Article by Marco Cavina on the Contax Distagon 2/28 designed by Erhard Glatzel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice! is it the same lens as today´s Zeiss ZF 28/2 or the new one is worse?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
really nice! is it the same lens as today´s Zeiss ZF 28/2 or the new one is worse?

The new one is different, the design was updated. The MTFs of the new one show better performance wide open. But MTFs are not everything and so one should compare directly to decide. I don't think however it's possible to improve the Contax version really Wink The new one shows some purple fringing in the samples that I have seen, that I never saw in my pictures with the Contax version (Contax version shows some very minor one and only in the worst possible conditions).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens, great shots and an incredibly beautiful place you live in!

I have to plan my next vacation there Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hari Smile
Some more:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lens...
Among other aspects of its rendering, I think the yellows by this lens are truly amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AEG version taken with a Canon 500D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
AEG version taken with a Canon 500D

Excellent!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get some nice 3D on this one.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the Hollywood as much as I should yet. Tried to make some portraits to see how the lens would hold up there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning pictures here !