Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Contax IIA a Western made
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Contax IIA a Western made Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm f2 T ser:31xx DIY E-6 Provia 100 Epson V500
one of the sharpest lens what I ever hold..

Lens even more interesting than camera very early post war made in 1945 I think , made from aluminium instead of brass. After war this was natural resource , not only this is interesting , Jena factory was stolen by Russians, so not made there for sure. In my theory probably made in Stuttgart just like camera , but before this factory made lenses with Opton label.

Last edited by Attila on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly stunning work, you really have nailed your e-6 work.

The lens is stunning too, sharpness, contrast, colours, and such a lot of dimensionality to the images, I must get one of these one day!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, very impressed by that 3rd pic, what a lens!

I like the 4th one, too, infinity view down the lane, and great colors!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to love shot 15, has all the bridges and the vivid blue sky.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say, your E-6 developing skills are topnotch!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Have to say, your E-6 developing skills are topnotch!

Try some time, if chemical not overused and temperature is right, always come out nicely. I always develop 12 rolls in 1L developer and temperature is kept 38-39C with Jobo processor. I use Tetenal E-5 5L kit for 60 rolls so enough for 1-2 yrs at least or even longer. I suggest to you to buy one, Jobo is not a heavy equipment so even if you move it has place I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a pic of this Jobo outfit? Your results look better than what we pay for over here. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like mine, tank is for paper film tank is smaller. I remember for smaller Jobo too, I will try to search and send you links in pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's cool, is that wired for a heater of some sort?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Wow, that's cool, is that wired for a heater of some sort?

Yes it has electric heater with temperature control and big water buffer to keep temperature smoothly. Developer tank has magnet on bottom and an electric motor rotate tank into both way only in 500ml chemical you can develop 4 rolls at once. 2 rolls, 4 rolls and may more longer tanks are available and really big ones for paper and cut films.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite the setup!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Atilla!! I love the POP in #3!Very Happy

Btw - how much did your developing kit cost you? I think trying to develop my own films will eventually become a necessity in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood wrote:
Great work Atilla!! I love the POP in #3!Very Happy

Btw - how much did your developing kit cost you? I think trying to develop my own films will eventually become a necessity in the future.

5L kit Tetenal E-6 for 60 rolls 78 USD 1.3 USD/roll to me enough for 1-2 yrs. Lab price here 8 USD/roll + fuel cost have to drive 10-20 km in city to drop film wait 2 hrs and pick it up.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on digital

http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-sonnar-5cm-f2-1945-red-t-contax-rf-sony-t49453.html