Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Car Zeiss Flektogon 4/20 (the Exakta Mount version!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Car Zeiss Flektogon 4/20 (the Exakta Mount version!) Reply with quote

I had bid 78USD to one and it ended with 79USD.
Pretty cheap for an ultra-wide zeiss.
Can you share shot samples with the Exakta mount flek, older than the M42 version, aus jena labelled zebra body.

And for the last question how does it compared with 350-400USD priced zuiko 3.5/21, I'm guessing the answer will be Zuiko is better Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/flektogon/czj_flektogon_25mm_f4_exakta/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/flektogon/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/Olympus_Om/olympus_om_21mm_f3_5/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/Olympusom2n_sensia/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the flektogon with the Exakta or the M42 mount better?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4 Exakta looks good but I guess we don't have a dedicated album for 4/20. I know the zuiko galery, it's a great lens just a bit expensive (I'm selling my adaptalls to create a budget for it:)) and not very common Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 4/20 with Exakta mount but I didn't use it a lot because on my Oly it'd become a 40 mm... but now I have a Varex IIa where to test it more efficiently Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25mm f4 Exakta looks good but I guess we don't have a dedicated album for 4/20. I know the zuiko galery, it's a great lens just a bit expensive (I'm selling my adaptalls to create a budget for it:)) and not very common Smile

4/20 Flektogon Exakta and M42 same lens , look M42 album.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
yalcinaydin wrote:

4/20 Flektogon Exakta and M42 same lens , look M42 album.

I've red that there is a model variation in flektogon 4/20s and later ones are better. If this is not the case then it is a safe lens to buy cause I guess I can live with a Zeiss and produce the exakta mount adapter for my eos.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flektogon zebra is same model , Orio have 4/20 black looks like MC that is later model I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...this lens better lens than latest black MC."
http://www.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-4-20-lens-review.html

I've got my answer and I'm sad that I've missed that one, I'll hunt for an exakta version, when I'm rich I can buy a Zuiko 2/21 Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
"...this lens better lens than latest black MC."
http://www.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-4-20-lens-review.html

I've got my answer and I'm sad that I've missed that one, I'll hunt for an exakta version, when I'm rich I can buy a Zuiko 2/21 Laughing

Zuiko 3.5/21mm same good one for half price.

All Flektogons are top lenses, you will be happy any of them. Question is how can you make adapter to support infinity on your 5D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

All Flektogons are top lenses, you will be happy any of them. Question is how can you make adapter to support infinity on your 5D.

There is already Exakta-EoS adapter with 60usd cost but I've mechanical engineer friend, university labarotories and gears to produce one Smile But Rollei-QB-EOS adapter (we are waiting one from big-is right now and will create our design based on it) has the priority right now, this flek can wait some more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way
Canon EOS bayonet 44.00
Exakta/Topcon bayonet 44.70
we have enough register distance difference to work with assuming nothing will be additional problem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

All Flektogons are top lenses, you will be happy any of them.

To say the truth, I had completely different experience with Flektogons, including 20/4.0 but might be I was not lucky with the concrete exemplars. However, my friend, the professional photographer, expressed to me the same opinion, when I started to complain to him concerning my Flektogons. In DDR the quality of the lens production very frequently had not been to standards we should be expecting from the German folk, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
Attila wrote:

All Flektogons are top lenses, you will be happy any of them.

To say the truth, I had completely different experience with Flektogons, including 20/4.0 but might be I was not lucky with the concrete exemplars. However, my friend, the professional photographer, expressed to me the same opinion, when I started to complain to him concerning my Flektogons. In DDR the quality of the lens production very frequently had not been to standards we should be expecting from the German folk, unfortunately.

I've found one in Turkey and also he said that it has bad performance and he startet to use tamron sp 3.5/17. I'll try both of them this weekend. And he also noted that they have sold a Leica 90/2.8 for just 160USD Shocked