Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canvas prints...or another support ...do you use ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Canvas prints...or another support ...do you use ? Reply with quote

I just have brought home three smallish prints on canvas made at the photo studio of a friend (where I used to do my dev ,but he stopped that , sadly). Cityscapes from my trips , for home use . Very happy about the results .
Have you tried this ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had canvases done for clients - never for myself though. I prefer large black and white enlargements in frameless frames. Colour shots in regular frames.

Canvas is quite expensive and I dont think I've ever really found the right photo. I paint on canvas and did a 'mixed media' image:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite nice Phil.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear you are painting on canvas too , Phil . Even if I didn't do it in the last years...
I printed two of my images over Firenze mounted on frameless frames in rather smallish dimensions .Tourned out well just good for a small intimate working room ....