Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canonet QL17 G-III
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Canonet QL17 G-III Reply with quote

Hi,

here few shots with CANON Canonet QL17 G-III and cheap Kodak film few weeks ago. Location: Aarsee - Münster/Germany.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the all-time great "economy" rangefinders. The shots turned out really nice -- great color, contrast and sharpness really.

Did you scan these or have them scanned to CD/DVD by the photofinisher?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Micheal, the "Leica" for the poor man ! Perfect as of the first day.

I scan all my slides/films by myself with Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED and Nikon software.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see result from Leica and Canonet same time. I don't think so any 35mm camera produce better result than this Canon. Great result as always ! Many thanks to sharing them!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
One of the all-time great "economy" rangefinders. The shots turned out really nice -- great color, contrast and sharpness really.

+1
Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set Rolf!
For me perhaps to much sharpness (due resize?). But the Coolscan 5000 ED seems to be wow! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Nice set Rolf!
For me perhaps to much sharpness (due resize?). But the Coolscan 5000 ED seems to be wow! Wink

Thanky you Sandy !

Yes, may be we have to ask Attila what happened with the forum software. If you click on the pic and see the larger version (in this case the same size because the original is 1024 px) you will see differences between the two versions. You can see this very good on the 2nd image if you compare the stones/steps.

The Nikon is for me the best scanner in the midrange segment. Unfortunately Nikon stopped the production. Sometimes the decisions are not understandable but it seems that the quatities will be to small for this company in the meantime.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, much better! Wow.
The image quality is so perfect that it's pitty what the forum software is doing to them Smile

Yep, today it's all about quantity and money Crying or Very sad