Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon V6x17 17-102mm F/2 TV Zoom Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Canon V6x17 17-102mm F/2 TV Zoom Lens Reply with quote

I bought this purely on the basis that it was cheap, I was expecting to get a little circular image lost in a sea of black but it's much better than I expected, the vignetting is still highly obtrusive and it varies throughout the focal range but somehow I enjoy the results from the lens, it gives a specific effect that will only be suitable for specific subjects but again, like the cctv lens I got recently it's quite fun to use.

At first it didn't fit the c mount adapter but then I realised a section screws off at the rear, perhaps to allow the mount to be changed and this leaves a much narrower inner tube which easily fits the adapter.

The colours are great, contrast pretty good and sharpness is fine in the centre of the frame, understandably it quickly gets soft to the edges but the effect is less pronounced at the long end.

The bokeh is quite nice apart from light discs which have 3 notches cut out due to some internal lens workings protruding into the image circle, not to everyone's liking I'm sure. this is another lens that gives funky ninja star highlight bokeh when it's stopped down.

The focus is maintained regardless of zoom setting as with a lot of TV lenses.

This is another lens that is just plain fun to use Very Happy

All of these are at the long end and wide open

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: do you still have this lens? Reply with quote

i wonder how much should i pay for it,
and if they're worth buying for GH2 video run n' gun use.
also, how much it weights?

thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: do you still have this lens? Reply with quote

rozroz wrote:
i wonder how much should i pay for it

~50$ in US, I also saw some lenses in really great conditions in European eBay for 50-100$. Prepare to use on longer end or to crop...